NHL: Meet Seattle
By Belief Agency
Now that we’re Facebook-official, let us be among the first to throw our hat in the rink and extend you a warm welcome to our chilly city.
Seattle is a special place (but don’t tell your friends—we’re already a little crowded). We know you’re going to love it. Your big news got us thinking about a few of the things you have to look forward to now that you’re an official Seattleite—and a couple warnings to help get you acclimated to our climate:
- We don’t throw octopus, but head down to Pike Place Market and you’ll see we do we sling salmon.
- Don’t get yourself stuck in the penalty box—umbrellas are for tourists only.
- You’re familiar with icing. It sounds chilly, but we think we’ve got you beat with the Seattle Freeze.
- You’re fans of the Toronto Maple Leafs, but around here we can smoke our leaves.
- You might have heard we’re waiting for “The Big One.” If the ground shakes during your match, don’t worry, it’s not an earthquake—just Seattle sports fans.
- Sure, your playoff beards are impressive, but have you walked through Fremont during a craft beer fest?
- When you win the Stanley Cup this year, it’ll still rain on your parade.